Cylindrical lithium batteries are divided into lithium cobalt oxide, lithium manganate, and ternary materials. The three data system batteries have different advantages, and the batteries are widely used in: notebook computers, digital cameras, lighting fixtures, toys, power tools, portable mobility and other fields.
The round lithium battery refers to the cylindrical lithium-ion cell. The earliest cylindrical lithium-ion cell was the 18650 lithium battery invented by the Japanese company SONY in 1992. Due to the long history of the 18650 cylindrical lithium-ion cell, the popularity of the market is very high.
The cylindrical lithium-ion battery adopts an appropriate and mature winding process, with a high degree of automation, stable quality of the cylindrical lithium-ion battery, and relatively low cost.
There are many types of cylindrical cells, such as 14650, 17490, 18650, 21700, 26650 and so on. Cylindrical lithium batteries are more prevalent in Japanese and Korean lithium battery companies, and there are also companies of appropriate scale in China that produce cylindrical lithium batteries.
1. Cylindrical primary batteries, mainly No. 5 and No. 7 batteries, and No. 5 batteries, the general size is: diameter 14mm, height 49mm; No. 7 battery, the general size is: diameter 11mm, height 44mm.
Cylindrical lithium batteries, the main types are 18650, 16650, 14500, etc. 18650 means 18mm in diameter and 65mm in length. The type of AA lithium battery is 14500, with a diameter of 14mm and a length of 50mm.
Generally, 18650 batteries are used more in industry, but few in civilian use. Common ones are also used more in notebook batteries and advanced flashlights.
18650 is only the standard type of battery. According to the battery type, it can be divided into 18650 for lithium ion, 18650 for lithium iron phosphate, 18650 for nickel metal hydride (rare), and the common 18650 is lithium ion.
2. Large capacity: The capacity of 18650 lithium cylindrical cells is generally between 1200mah and 3400mah.
3. Long service life: 18650 lithium battery has a long service life, and the cycle life can reach more than 500 times during normal use, which is more than twice that of ordinary batteries.
4. High safety function: 18650 lithium battery has high safety function. 18650 was born in 1996. After decades of development, 18650 lithium battery has now completed fully automated production.
The battery's voltage, internal resistance, capacity, and self-discharge consistency are very good. Now 18650 batteries lithium are preferred by various industries; high temperature resistance is good, and the discharge power reaches 100% at 65 °C.
In order to prevent the short circuit of the battery, the positive and negative electrodes of the 18650 lithium battery are separated. So the possibility of it short-circuiting has been reduced to the extreme. A protection board can be installed to avoid overcharging and overdischarging of the battery, which can also prolong the service life of the battery.
5. High voltage: The voltage of 18650 lithium battery is generally 3.6V, 3.8V and 4.2V, which is much higher than the 1.2V voltage of nickel-cadmium and nickel-hydrogen batteries.
6. There is no memory effect. It is not necessary to empty the remaining power before charging, which is convenient to use.
7. It can be combined in series or in parallel to form a 18650 lithium battery pack
8. It is widely used in notebook computers, walkie-talkies, portable DVDs, instrumentation, audio equipment, model aircraft, toys, video cameras, digital cameras, new power vehicles, medical professions and other electronic equipment.
9. In the case of the same brand, the price of the battery is more advantageous. The various accessories of the battery have been completed mature and mass production. The production cost is greatly reduced, so the cost performance is the best choice.
As a professional lifepo4 battery cells manufacturer and NMC battery cell supplier, ACE Battery has high-quality cylindrical cells and other kinds of battery cells for sale, including prismatic lfp cells, lifepo4 pouch cells, etc. If you are looking for a reliable battery cell manufacturer, don't hesitate to contact ACE Battery!